Wednesday, May 14, 2008

845 % x 3.1415926 = Fear of Numbers ???

Every once in a while the mere thought of 'math' gave me the jitters. I never did mind doing math in high school, and I enjoyed adding, subtracting, multiplying -even dividing numbers according to problem solving questions. These math problems often filled my mind with useful thinking. Besides, I like to challenge myself to see how many simple math equations I can without counting on my fingers.
However,
in finite math I was one of the very few that could understand the probability of things from happening; I nailed it almost every time. I definitely enjoyed doing those problem solving questions.
Later on, wen I was a cashier, I always counted money in units- which makes things allot quicker! (I don't get how some will count every penny) BUT, let's face it- most of us cringe at the fact that we need to budget, pay bills, etc. Yet, we also know that it's something that you cannot escape, because counting things is part of most of our daily routine. Learning more about math can be the most invaluable learning one can give to themselves.


Bottom line, I think its a fear of the unknown. You see, I haven't dealt with certain types of math and it scares me a little, so I close myself off to it. Often I closed my mind when I hear talks of mortgage rates, long term savings plans, and other investments etc. I viewed it as a game and you learn the rules as you go along, often learning mistakes never to be overlooked again.
What is more
, I want to know more about numbers, since it's all around us no matter where you look. It's on you- your body; it's where you walk or work- the trees, the cars, the roads, the buildings, the sky, the world, the universe are all made up of numbers, ratios, compositions of various matters etc. Numbers are everywhere and there is no escaping them.

Yet, what is more, I was apprehensive in my abilities in Physics and Chemistry and stayed clear of those courses offered. In retrospect I have always come across variations of these mathematical concepts upon investigating occultism and studying cosmic education. I felt that I cannot fully understand the universe intricacies and its meaning if I cannot grasp the math behind it. My intention is not to become a full fledge scientist, but to try and grasp in lay-men's terms what is going on in our universe and where I stand in reference to it. I am one that must acknowledge all parts of things in order to say I understand its entirety. Otherwise, I feel like I know nothing of its sort. So, now I am a mission to learn more about them and want to know if you've got any simple books/videos or comments. My mission, to be more specific, is to learn about physics, chemistry, kinematics, and cosmic law.





No comments: