Friday, June 20, 2008

Bristol Day 5

Well it`s almost been one entire week and it feels like an eternity since I have been here, strictly because when you`re looking for something so bad thing don`t seem to happen quick enough. Sort of like watching water boil. I am taking things for granted, since we did find a place and our basic necessities within a weeks time. However, living the hostel life and beginning to work early mornings is not so ideal which is why I am so greatful for having found a place in a well-rounded area. The place we have found is in a very typically 'British' area, for the houses look like the ones you see in the movies and is situated in a round-about. I cannot wait until I settle in to my temporary abode and show you some pictures. Our landlord is also the typical British man; think of Hugh Grants' demeanor, yet he looks far better looking and with straighter teeth. (No offense to Hugh Grant fans)
In any case, I'm excited to commence work and that is on the 25th of this month, this up and coming Wednesday. I will be introduced to three children that I may potentially be working with for the next 12weeks. Two of which who have emotional behavioral dilemmas and the other has autism, to which degree I am not sure.

Nothing too drastic nor exciting has happened so far, but I will keep you posted with updates as to my whereabouts over the next three months and will start getting my daily OMs in as well.
I plan on going to Bath for a weekend get-away, for it is an amazing place for a spa retreat and super cheap for the amount of time you spend there. My ultimate goal while I am here, other than research for education, is to find out more about eating habits. Although for the first while I am a poor traveler who will be eating baked/canned beans and rice for the next while I will do my best in gaining insight as to their healthy eating. From what I gathered so far their eating habits here are far greater than my North American fast food counterparts. (and I don't only mean restaurants, but foods in your local grocers) Their grocery stores are very small compared to our own and even their sizing overall in regards to food items, places, and streets.
EarthBound

No comments: